Friday, September 18, 2009

Stolen Laptop Recovery with LogMeIN - Round 2

PC World has David Krop's story of laptop recovery using LogMeIn. I've discussed a couple of similar stories involving a laptop and an iPhone previously, as well as the case for remote control software, and this is another example of a laptop that was not properly secured being used by a new user while remote login software was on.

The buyer of the stolen laptop is quoted, saying "I didn't care whether it was stolen, I buy stolen stuff all the time. I don't care... If I can save $600, I'll do it.". While he may not have learned a lesson, the owner of the stolen laptops did, noting that he won't leave the laptops unattended, that he takes only one with him, and that he uses passwords and remote tracking software now.

No comments: